This series may look familiar to some of you maybe not, I'm not sure where this came from but one of my sharing friends gave it to me a while back...I think it's a good addition to your collection if you don't have it, Some classics in these....Enjoy! @-}--- Rose
Here are the Tracklist to all 3 Vol's (No Back Covers)
East LA LowriderSoul Vol. 1
01 - Tierra - Together (Re-Recorded & Remastered) 02 - Ralfi Pagan - Negrona 03 - Candido Y Su Movimiento - Baby Doll 04 - Blue Magic - Sideshow 05 - Tu - You're Mine 06 - Down To Earth - Forgive Me If I Cry 07 - Joey Pastrana - Sincerely 08 - Fabulous Flirtations - Wait Till I Find Her 09 - Oliveri - There's No Other Girl 10 - Fiestas - The Gypsy Said 11 - Generations - To You 12 - Chuito & Latin Uniques - Wish I Could 13 - Bandits - Nothing Can Change My Love For You 14 - Al Wilson - Show And Tell 15 - Que Sunryse - Friday 13th 16 - Paul Ortiz & La Orquesta Son - Tender Love 17 - Eddie Lebron - My Vows To You
East LA Lowrider Soul Part 2
18 - Dax Pacem Orchestra - I Do Love You 19 - Flamingos - Straighten It Up 20 - Oliveri Orchestra - There's No Other Girl 21 - Cortez & The Entertainers - Life 22 - El Paso Premiers - - This Is The Beginning 23 - Francisco Aguabella - Image Of A Star 24 - Capri Orchestra - I Regret 25 - Mumy - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying 26 - Hector Rivera & Latin Renaissance - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You 27 - Conjunto La Perla - If I Should Lose You 28 - TNT Band - I Wanna Make Out With You 29 - Suenos - Baby I Love You 30 - Ralfi Pagan - Baby I'm A Want You 31 - Frankie Nieves - It's Better To Cry 32 - Cholo Rivera & Latin Soul Drivers - - I Could Never Hurt You Girl 33 - Empires - Come Home Girl
East LA Lowrider Soul Part 3 34 - New Generation Orchestra - I'm No Fool 35 - Jade - Brown & Beautiful 36 - Augustine Twins - Everyday Of My Life 37 - Taylor Brothers - People In Love 38 - Bennito Sextet - Love Is To Say 39 - Informers - If You Love Me 40 - Dimas III & Royal Jesters - You've Succeeded 41 - Harvey Averne - Accept Me 42 - Players & Premiers - You Need A Love 43 - Matadors - Let Me Dream 44 - King Davis House Rockers - We All Make Mistakes Sometimes 45 - Orchestra Soledad - - Just Like A Fool 46- Paul Ortiz & La Orquestra Son - There's No Feeling 47 - Freeman Brothers - I'm Counting On You 48 - Joe Acosta - I Need Her 49 - Escorts - I Love You But You Don't Know Me 50 - Four Singer Avalons - She's My Woman, She's My Girl
Qvo Cali Lifestyles,
The weekend is almost over and what better way to end your Sunday evening than with a new Eastside Story Blvd Album. Ya I know its been a while since the last one, but I hope that the wait was worth it. Hope you all enjoy the rolas. Here is Eastside Story Boulevard Series Vol. 7 .
I thought it be okay to post my latest comp in here for those that didn't get it yet...
Gotta new series here titled for another favorite song of mine, "Prisoner Of Love" is a 1931 popular song with music by Russ Columbo and Clarence Gaskill and lyrics by Leo Robin. The song was popularized by Columbo and later became a major hit for Perry Como and The Ink Spots. It was also recorded by Billy Eckstine and many other artist that followed... In all our lifes we are all Prisoners when it comes to love...past, present & future...It's just the music that makes it that more real.
Big props to RossyBoy for knocking out another cover for me!!! Gracias RB :)
Some 411's on some of these tracks are included with the link if your interested. Thanks & Enjoy!! @-}--- Rose
01. James Brown & The Famous Flames - Prisoner Of Love 02. The Charmels - I'll Gladly Take You Back 03. Aztlan - Should I Take You Home 04. The Unhooked Generation - The Big Let Down 05. The Sly Slick & Wicked - Not On The Outside 06. The Cellos - I Beg For Your Love 07. The Ballads - Forever 08. Reflections - Through Thick And Thin 09. The Extensions - My Need 1963-Success 109 10. Billy ''Soul'' Bonds - Stand By Me Girl 11. The Five Smooth Stones - I Will Never Love Another 12. Freddy & The Sounds Of Soul - I Can't Break Away From You 13. The Three Degrees - Together 14. The Four Tops - Remember What I Told You to Forget 15. Mayer Hawthorne - You've Got The Makings Of A Lover 16. 100% Pure Poison - Puppet On A Chain 17. The Montegos - Theme Of A Broken Heart 18. The Exquisites - Never Never 1985 Avenue D 19. Bobby Mandolph - Tell Me Tomorrow 20. The Moods - Neither One Of Us 21. Harmony Street - Come Back To Me 22. Silk & Satin - You Got To Be The One 23. Man's Theory - What Can I Do 24. Royal Jesters - You're Not There 25. Al Hudson & One Way - Something In The Past
The Veteranos have taken a trip to
the Motor City for our latest offering. As you would expect, most of
these tracks are from the Tamla-Motown stable, although there are a
couple from other Detroit labels too. Berry Gordy's troops were
notorious for covering each other's songs so there are quite a few
examples of that here. The rare color cover pic is from the Tops'
appearance on British television in March 1970. It's from a recently
discovered, color video recording of them performing “I Can’t Help
Myself” on March 15 for Sir David Frost’s “Frost on Sunday” variety
show. I managed to see them at the Finsbury Park Astoria in North London
on that particular U.K. trip of theirs - memorable performance and
incredible atmosphere ! Maybe you can get the same sense of nostalgia
listening to this set. Enjoy, and let us know ! RossyBoy for The Veteranos
01 - Jimmy Ruffin - In The Neighborhood (RossyBoy) 02 - The Gaslight - Here's Missing You (Mello) 03 - The Temptations - Don't Look Back (East LA Guy) 04 - Stevie Wonder - I Hear A Symphony (BillyMac) 05 - The Four Tops - Stay In My Lonely Arms (RossyBoy) 06 - Nolan Strong & The Diablos - Since You've Gone (Mello) 07 - The Velvelettes - Selfish Lover (East LA Guy) 08 - Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Feel Like Makin' Love (BillyMac) 09 - Marvin Gaye - Soulie (RossyBoy) 10 - The Miracles - Oh Be My Love (Mello) 11 - The Contours - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted (East LA Guy) 12 - Barbara McNair - My World Is Empty Without You (BillyMac) 13 - The Sisters Love - My Love Is Yours (Till The End Of Time) (RossyBoy) 14 - The Spinners - That's What Girls Are Made For (Mello) 15 - The Isley Brothers - Greetings (This Is Uncle Sam) (East LA Guy) 16 - Martha & The Vandellas - Love, Guess Who (BillyMac) 17 - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - (Come Around Here) I'm The One You Need (RossyBoy) 18 - Brenda Holloway - Every Little Bit Hurts (Mello) 19 - David Ruffin - One More Hurt (East LA Guy) 20 - The Marvelettes - You Ain't Livin' Until You're Lovin' (BillyMac) 21 - The Supremes feat. Susaye Greene - I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking (RossyBoy) 22 - The Superlatives - I Don't Know How (To Say I Love You) (Mello) 23 - The Spinners - The Girl's Alright With Me (East LA Guy) 24 - Kim Weston - Come And Get These Memories (BillyMac)
The ol' gringo is back again with somethin' "Hot" off the press & currently for sale on eBay.
Grab it now & enjoy mi familia!
01. Archie Bell & The Drells - Mama Didn't Teach Me That Way
02. Barbara Brown - Pity A Fool
03. Betty Wright - The Best Girls Don't Always Win
04. Dave Brady & The Stars - Baby Baby I Need You
05. Ginji James - You Hurt Me The Last Time
06. H. Andrews Congregation - One More Chance
07. Jeff Dale - Don't Forget About Me Baby
08. Jimmy Scott & The Fiery Spartan Band - I Want To Feel Your Warm Embrace
09. John Parker - A Big Mistake
10. Little Herman - It's All Right Partner
11. Majestics - Key To Love (Is Understanding)
12. Mark Green - I'm So Lost
13. Roshell Anderson - Know What You're Doing
14. Terry Felton - I Don't Want To Have To Wait
15. The Fabulistics - Ooh This Is Love
16. The Intertains - I See The Light
17. The Mellow Moods - Tell Love Hello
18. The Turn Arounds - I Need Your Loving
19. The Younghearts - Stop What You're Doing, Girl
I've been grabbing so much stuff, I'm glad to say it's payback time at last ! Got this one in my snailbox this morning. It from a budget U.K. series called Backbeats and this volume of mid-tempo offerings is reckoned to be the best value in the series. Hope you like it. RossyBoy
01. The O'Jays - Just Another Guy 02. The Five Stairsteps And Cubie - I'm The One Who Loves You 03. Marvin Smith - Who Will Do Your Running Now 04. Erma Franklin - It Could've Been Me 05. Bobby Womack - Tried And Convicted 06. Otis Clay - Holding On To A Dying Love 07. Johnny Adams - You're A Bad Habit 08. Holland & Dozier Ft. Lamont Dozier - If You Don't Want To Be In My Life 09. Eddie Billups - Shake Off That Dream 10. Gene Chandler - Without You Here 11. Linda Jones - If Only We Had Met Sooner 12. Doris Duke - The Feeling Is Right 13. Tyrone Davis - You Keep Me Holding On 14. Channel 3 - The Sweetest Thing 15. Eldridge Holmes - Lovely Woman 16. Gloria Edwards - I Don't Need Nobody (To Help Me Keep Up With My Man) 17. Ella Washington - Stop Giving Your Man Away 18. Tony Love - Crying Time Is Over 19. The Eliminators - Loving Explosion 20. Mary Holmes - I Need Your Lovin 21. Ann Sexton - I Had Fight With Love (And I Lost) 22. 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Don't You Wake Me 23. Jackie Wilson - What A Lovely Way 24. Kenny Young - Ain't It Funny What Love Can Do 25. Na Allen - Lay It On Me Right Now 26. Chuck Armstrong - How Sweet It Is
Not to be confused with the Brooklyn girl group of the same name, the Lovelites were a Chicago-based vocal group that record collectors have sought their vinyls over the years.
The presenter for this Chi-Town comp is Herb Kent. Kent got his first paying gig at age 19 making only 35 dollars a week. That was 1949. Since then, he's worked continuously on-air in and around Chicago. At the age of 83, he holds the Guinness world record as the oldest working DJ. Along the way, he picked up the nickname "Cool Gent," and is credited with coining the phrase "dusty records, " or just "dusties" in reference to classic tracks.
This is why our "Rose" is DustyRose! She also has been a long time friend of Herb Kent so you can understand how & why her "soul" runs so deep.
Herb Kent was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1995.
It's time to enjoy his presentation!